Alsana Responds to Coronavirus [FREE RESOURCES]
Client and Staff Safety Come First. Always.
I am passionately confident in our team’s ability to continue to deliver life-saving care and support for our clients during the Coronavirus pandemic. I hope you know that you can rely on Alsana as a resource and responsible community member as we navigate the uncharted waters of the Coronavirus together. We are here for you. Always.
FREE CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES
SUPPORTING OUR ONLINE PROVIDER COMMUNITY
Virtual Town Hall Meetings
Solitude & Self-Care: Finding Peace During Aloneness
Medical Management of Eating Disorders During COVID Pandemic
Joyful Movement During Pandemic
Collective Grief: Caring for Ourselves & Showing Up For Our Clients
Growth Best Practices For a Private Practice Small Business During a Crisis
Managing Anxiety Around Food and Scarcity
Servant Leaders in the Eating Disorder Treatment Community
“We are led by our company’s guiding principles. Our commitment to you is that we will maintain our Clients-First philosophy through Servant Leadership and steadfast Accountability.”
Chief Growth Officer
Alsana values a fresh and compassionate approach to total health and wellness. Our team will go above and beyond to help your client take the first steps towards a successful recovery from any and all eating disorders.
- Alsana is an Eating Recovery Community that seeks to always be of service to the entire treatment landscape by sharing best practices in a collaborative manner.
- Alsana seeks to be a resource to the wider treatment community during the novel global pandemic by providing education, tools, guidance, and key learning.
- A dangerous outcome of the global pandemic is individuals with a severe eating disorder do not seek the necessary Higher Level of Care (HLOC) treatment due to fear of infection. Alsana is committed to keeping treatment available and safe during the pandemic for clients in which a HLOC is indicated.
- Led by our Chief Medical Officer and industry leader, Margherita Mascolo, MD, CEDS-s, Alsana has integrated recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and other organizations to ensure client and staff safety during the pandemic. Teams have also been thoroughly trained on containment and escalation protocols that will ensure client safety.
From our Friends at The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness is offering free, weekly, online check-ins with Johanna Kandel, Founder and CEO of The Alliance, with clinical oversight, to support group members across the country.
The Pro-Recovery check-ins are for individuals only, ages 18+, experiencing and/or recovering from eating disorders.
The Friends & Family check-ins are for loved ones only. They are co-hosted by Johanna and Alliance board member and family advocate, Cherie Monarch.
Wednesdays, 7:00 – 8:30 PM / EST
From our Friends at Eating Disorder Hope
Eating Disorder Hope has announced that they are providing expanded services to those seeking eating disorder recovery and are now offering online support groups.
Binge Eating Disorder Support – 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
Mindfulness Techniques & Skills Online Support Group – 6 to 7 PM / PT; 9 to 10 PM / ET
Anorexia Nervosa Online Support– 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
Bulimia Nervosa Online Support – 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
Mind, Body, and Yoga Flow Online Support Group – 6 to 7 PM / PT; 9 to 10 PM / ET
- Binge Eating Disorder Support – 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
- Mindfulness Techniques & Skills Online Support Group – 6 to 7 PM / PT; 9 to 10 PM / ET
- Anorexia Nervosa Online Support– 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
- Bulimia Nervosa Online Support – 12 to 1 PM / PT; 3 to 4 PM / ET
- Mind, Body, and Yoga Flow Online Support Group – 6 to 7 PM / PT; 9 to 10 PM / ET
MORE ABOUT Alsana’s Response to CORONAVIRUS ON THE BLOG
A Message from our CEO
A Message from our CMO
Best Practices in Response to Coronavirus
An Update for our Provider Partners
Self-Care Advice for Surviving Social Distancing
by: Nicole Siegfried, PhD, CEDS
Joyful Movement During Pandemic
by: Brian Cook, PhD
Tips for Managing Mealtime Anxiety
by: Tammy Beasley, RDN, CEDRD, CSSD, LD