Westlake, CA Treatment Centers
Alsana is an eating disorder recovery community with multiple locations nationwide. We provide superior and committed care to help those on their journey to a healthy and successful recovery. From the Latin roots meaning “all” or “total health,” Alsana offers a new philosophy of care centered on our clients’ full well-being. We address the aspects of eating disorders that often go untreated in traditional recovery programs. Our culture creates a working environment of communication, collaboration, compassion, and integrity—all of which are necessary to craft unique treatment plans tailored to our clients’ needs and outcomes.
As the Consulting Physician at Alsana, you will oversee the delivery of medical services within the program and invest self in developing an institution where theoretical concepts and clinical programs become role models in the future evolution and delivery of services.
- Provides professional practice according to the American Board of Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Acts in conjunction with treatment center leaders and attending psychiatrist to ensure that the interdisciplinary practice model is followed in developing individualized plans of care and maintaining a therapeutic milieu
- Maintains clients’ physical and psychological safety
- Provides accurate and ongoing assessments and documentation of client status/visits and responds appropriately
- Ensures that documentation accurately reflects all changes in clients’ condition and notifies all appropriate care providers as dictated by program policy
- Maintains open communication and provides constructive feedback to team members to ensure the facility’s continuous provision of quality care
- Acts in conjunction with attending psychiatrist and other members of the leadership team to manage emergency situations in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintains appropriate certifications and licensure in good standing always
- Order’s medications, obtains informed consents, documents indications for all medications, and monitors laboratory results
- Organizes and completes assignments and develops treatment plans
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of medicine, MD or DO degree
- Completion of an Internal Medicine or Family Practice residency program
- Licensed (and in good standing) to practice medicine in the state in which care will be delivered
- 4+ years of experience in the delivery of medical care is preferred
- Experience in treatment of eating disorders and management of their medical complications is preferred
- Experience in working with a multidisciplinary team
Are you ready to let your light shine?! Join the Alsana team today!
Thank you for applying.
We have received your application. If you are among the qualified candidates, you will
receive an email or call from our one of our recruiters to schedule an initial phone
We will keep you posted on the status of your application.
Thank you for taking the time to apply at Alsana.
Alsana's Talent Acquisition Team
Back to application