Alsana Social Media Community Guidelines
Last updated: June 2023
Alsana is committed to maintaining a safe online space for all members of our eating recovery community, including alumni, prospective clients and their loved ones, caregivers, and providers. As part of Alsana’s social media audience, we ask that you review and respect the guidelines outlined below:
- Content shared on Alsana’s social accounts is not meant as a replacement for treatment or therapy or to be interpreted as clinical advice.
- If you are in a life-threatening situation, please call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at: 1-800-273-8255.
- If you have questions about eating disorder treatment programs, call 866-887-0336.
- Alsana’s marketing team monitors social media accounts M-F (excluding national holidays). Please allow up to 48 hours for a response. For more urgent matters, call the admissions number above or visit alsana.com/livechat. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alsana posts a variety of content. The sharing of curated, third-party content should not be considered an endorsement of said content.
- Please note that Alsana’s social media accounts are public, as are any comments on our posts; we advise against sharing your personal information in your comments to Alsana.
- Alsana reserves the right to block users and delete comments as we see fit in order to maintain a safe community space. Users may be blocked for comments considered to be:
- Aggressive, defamatory, harassing, violent, intentionally offensive, or threatening
- Hateful (targeting race/ethnicity, ability, religion, body type, gender, sexual identity, nationality
- Personal attacks or name-calling
- Spam or commercial solicitations/solicitation of donations
- Overly descriptive of eating disorder behavior or otherwise triggering to individuals with eating disorders
- Sexually explicit or pornographic
- Fraudulent, deceptive, libelous, misleading or unlawful
- In violation of any intellectual property rights