Eating disorder support group
Because recovery happens in community.
Reach out to us today!
Weekly online alumni meeting
Tuesdays at noon, PST (2PM CST & 3PM EST)
As an eating recovery community that believes healing happens in relationships, Alsana is committed to offering continued group support to its alumni ...
following step-down from our higher levels of care. The Alsana National Admissions Office will provide free weekly online eating disorder support groups held exclusively for Alsana alumni every Tuesday at 12pm PST. This group is educational in nature and provides participants with an online community in which one can receive support and encouragement from the facilitator as well as peers.Read more Read less
Weekly Online Support Group
Fridays at noon, PST (2PM CST & 3PM EST)
- Alsana support groups are offered at no cost to support adults of all genders in their eating disorder recovery.
- This group is pro-recovery and its goals are to help people suffering from eating disorders know they’re not alone, reduce shame, brainstorm solutions to common challenges, relate to one another, and inspire hope.
- We ask that all participants read and respect our Online Support Group Guidelines.
Who is this group intended to help?
- This group is intended for those actively experiencing an eating disorder or in recovery from an eating disorder.
- This group is not intended for family, friends, or providers as this may change the dynamic and safety of the group.
- While people of all motivation levels are welcome, our discussion is pro-recovery, pro-treatment, and HAES-aligned.
What to expect
- The facilitator will admit you into the group, giving a few minutes for everyone to join. The facilitator will then walk through the guidelines to create a safe and supportive environment. New members are encouraged to use a Zoom emoji so the community can welcome them. The discussion is usually prompted with a quote or topic, though the conversation is flexible and participants can raise their hand (either using Zoom emoji or actual hand on camera) to share. Most people have their cameras on and cameras-on is strongly encouraged to foster community and connection. The meeting is 45 minutes long.
Support group benefits
- Feeling less alone
- Relating to others
- Reducing shame by normalizing common struggles
- Safe space to connect with facilitator ensuring guidelines keep the discussion as trigger-free as possible
- To feel heard and listened to
- To listen to other’s experiences
- Brainstorm together solutions or ideas
- Practice advocating for yourself
- Practice using recovery-focused language
- Connection with a recovery-focused community
- Virtual group makes it accessible to people no matter location
These groups are not meant as replacement for therapy. Please click the button of the group you are interested in joining to reserve your space. We will need you to fill out a short waiver stating that you understand this is not a replacement for eating disorder treatment.