Signs and Symptoms
No one chooses to have an eating disorder.
You can choose not to go through it alone.
Reach out to us today!
- Sudden interest in weight loss diets (e.g., keto) or specialized diets (e.g., no sugar)
- Excessive/compulsive exercise
- Binge eating
- Self-induced vomiting
- Laxative, diuretic, and/or diet pill abuse
- Food chewing and spitting
- Obsession with food cleanliness
- Feeling overweight despite weight loss or
- low body weight
- Impulsive or irregular eating habits
- Insulin misuse (in individuals with diabetes)
- Noticeable distress and feelings of disgust, depression, or guilt around food
Eating disorder treatment should not be delayed
- Eating disorders have some of the highest mortality rates of all mental illnesses.
- In the United States, there are 10,200 deaths per year as a direct result of an eating disorder, equating to one death every 52 minutes.
- Alcohol and substance abuse are four times more common among people with eating disorders.
- Suicide is a major cause of mortality for individuals with eating disorders.
- While women are more likely than men to struggle with eating disorders, all genders are impacted.
- People of all races are affected, with BIPOC being half as likely to be diagnosed or to receive treatment.
- People with eating disorders tend to experience symptoms for an average of six years before ever seeking treatment.
We’re here to help
Individuals with eating disorders tend to experience symptoms for an average of six years before seeking help, and only one in ten people with an eating disorder seek and receive treatment at all.
Many are afraid to reach out due to stigma, denial, past negative experiences, or confusion about their symptoms.
These statistics are disheartening, but recovery is possible – even probable – for individuals who seek the help they need as soon as possible upon recognizing their symptoms.
You don’t have to do this alone. We are here for you. Chat with a compassionate counselor today.
We’re here to support you while you regain balance.
Our Adaptive Care Model® reflects our integrative approach to eating disorder treatment. We focus on the total health and well-being of each client by empowering these areas: medical, therapeutic, nutrition, movement, and relational practices.
Alsana leadership and treatment teams work collaboratively to develop, train, and create consistency within all of our clinics. Within this framework, we put the client first, offering the client essential tools as well as support to achieve a fully-recovered life.
We heal bodies and minds.
We believe in and practice all-inclusive nutrition.
We cultivate compassion.
We are accepting of all lived experiences.
In Their Own Words
Find out what some of our former clients have to say about Alsana.
The staff at Alsana proved to be extremely talented in the art and the skill of not colluding with my eating disorder while...also not treating me as if I was an eating disorder. They treated me like the real, whole person that I had lost sight of. They have an ability to hold nuance gently and they aren’t afraid to wade into the hardest waters, which is so much more helpful than receiving treatment that is guided by a rigid manual. There is an unbelievable amount of safety at Alsana because of this and my gratitude is crazy high!Read more Read less
As I began to apply the knowledge I gained from Alsana into my daily life, I found that my anxiety, guilt, shame ...and self-criticism steadily faded like a candle flickering on its last legs. I found authentic joy in things I used to reprimand myself for doing. I took, and continue to take pride in the progress I made and continue to make. Most importantly, I am now capable of self-acceptance and self-love whether I succeed, fail or anything in between.Read more Read less
Before coming to Alsana, I had never had a treatment experience in which the "how" and "why" of the eating ...disorder were addressed. This has proven to be essential in my treatment at Alsana and also in my daily life as a member of society. Alsana providers led me through so much illuminating self-reflection about topics that I had never before considered relevant to my treatment, recovery, or self in general. Alsana staff appreciate and treat the individual, and I felt this in and outside of therapy sessions. They always humored my random geography facts and propensity to trail glitter wherever I went. 🙂 Ultimately, my treatment experience at Alsana taught me how to be a shamelessly authentic individual, and it gave me a sense of safety to explore what it means to be myself. With so much love,Read more Read less
Your fully recovered life is waiting.
Contact us today.