WHY I CHOOSE TO BE MINDFUL
Have you ever been watching TV or in a high stress meeting and all of the sudden your hand reaches the bottom of the bag of chips and all you can remember is eating the first bite? So many times, we become disconnected from our food intake and our nourishment experience because of distractions and the fast paced world existing around us. Discovering a way to connect to these Mindless moments, involves choosing to be Mindful. I like to think of Mindful eating as “Filling My Mind” with the food I’m about to eat, the experience I’m about to have, and the nourishment I’m about to receive. When I am being Mindful, I am fully “conscious and aware” of my food and my experience. When I remove food fears and judgments around foods, I mindfully create an experience where I have a full awareness around my hunger, my satiety, why I eat, and a greater ability to express gratitude for my food.
Are you someone who eats mindfully?
- Do you acknowledge that there is no right or wrong way to eat, but varying degrees of awareness surrounding the experience of food?
- Do you accept your eating experience as unique?
- Are you an individual who by choice, directs your attention to eating on a moment by moment basis?
- Do you choose to gain awareness of how you can make choices that support your health and well-being?
- Do you choose to have an awareness of the interconnection of earth, living beings, cultural practices, and the impact of their food choices on those systems.
In having a focus to be more Mindful, I challenge you to slow down, express gratitude, find satisfaction and pay attention to the food you place in your body. Committing to these practices and gaining insight to ourselves, can make Mindful eating… somewhat Mindless. Happy National Nutrition Month!
Cameron Earnheart RD, LD
(636)386-6633 ext. 341
JOIN OUR ONLINE SUPPORT GROUP
Fridays at noon / PST
VIRTUAL TREATMENT OPTIONS
Meeting each client where they are on their recovery journey. Virtually.