OTHER SPECIFIED FEEDING OR EATING DISORDERS
The category of “other specified feeding or eating disorders” (OSFED) was developed to encompass those with symptoms that don’t meet the strict diagnostic criteria of a specific eating disorder, but still have eating disorder symptoms that significantly interfere with their functioning.
Since Alsana values a fresh and compassionate approach to total health and wellness, our team will go above and beyond to help you towards a successful recovery with any and all eating disorders.
Worried you are out of control?
If you or a loved one is living with an eating disorder there is hope for recovery.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU 24/7
SYMPTOMS OF OSFED
Alsana is here to lead you towards a healthier and happier lifestyle no matter what you’re going through.
- Demonstrate behaviors and attitudes showing weight loss, dieting, and control of food as primary concerns
- Feeling overweight despite weight loss
- Denies feeling hungry
- Evidence of purging behaviors such as frequent trips to the bathroom after meals and signs of vomiting.
- Development of food rituals (e.g. eats only a particular food or food group)
- Obsession with food cleanliness or exercise
- Withdraws from usual social engagements and activities
- Abdominal pain or digestive issues
- Negative body image and low self-esteem
- Evidence of binge eating
- Loss of control when eating including impulsive or irregular eating habits