What is OSFED?
OSFED (Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder), previously called EDNOS (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified), is characterized by mixed, complex symptoms. While less understood, OSFED is not less serious or less deserving of treatment than any other eating or feeding disorder.
Reach out to us today!
The category of “other specified feeding or eating disorders” (OSFED) was developed to encompass those with symptoms that don’t meet the strict diagnostic criteria of a specific eating disorder, but still have eating disorder symptoms that significantly interfere with their functioning.
Since Alsana values a fresh and compassionate approach to total health and wellness, our team will go above and beyond to help you towards a ...
successful recovery with any and all eating disorders.Read more Read less
Everyone deserves to be well
Sometimes people delay getting eating disorder treatment because they compare themselves to images they’ve seen, or myths that they’ve heard, and don’t believe they are “sick enough” to need help. ...
The truth is, no matter what your challenges are and where you find yourself in your recovery journey, you do deserve whole health and healing. We are here for you if you need help.Read more Read less
Symptoms of OSFED
Alsana is here to lead you towards a healthier and happier lifestyle no matter what you’re going through.
- Demonstrate behaviors and attitudes showing weight loss, dieting, and control of food as primary concerns
- Feeling overweight despite weight loss
- Denies feeling hungry
- Evidence of purging behaviors such as frequent trips to the bathroom after meals and signs of vomiting.
- Development of food rituals (e.g. eats only a particular food or food group)
- Obsession with food cleanliness or exercise
- Withdraws from usual social engagements and activities
- Abdominal pain or digestive issues
- Negative body image and low self-esteem
- Evidence of binge eating
- Loss of control when eating including impulsive or irregular eating habits