Meeting each client where they are on their recovery journey.
Virtual PHP now available at Alsana
In order to truly be adaptive in supporting clients, we are working to remove any access to care barriers. While COVID-19 is dangerous, the risk for a client struggling with an eating disorder without receiving treatment is also dangerous. In the spirit of meeting each client where they are in recovery, we are now offering Virtual PHP services.
Our virtual programming does not replace our in-person PHP treatment but provides additional flexibility to help us meet our clients’ unique needs.
Alsana is an advocate for clients in receiving insurance coverage for virtual programming. We are in-network for virtual programming with nearly all major payors. In addition, there are many plans that have agreed to waive co-pays.
Social distancing and quarantines create more circumstances in which virtual services may make the most sense for many of our clients. Alsana is proud to offer flexible, virtual IOP and PHP services to clients across the United States. Virtual clients receive the same high level of personalized care in virtual treatment as our in-person care.
These virtual options do not replace our in-person PHP and IOP treatment offerings but provide much-needed additional flexibility to help us meet our clients’ unique needs. In many ways, there has never been a better time for virtual treatment and recovery than during Covid isolation.
At Alsana, all programming is designed in the spirit of meeting each client where they are in their recovery. We are committed to being adaptive to the care our clients need, and we want to remove any barriers impeding their access to care.
Meet Your Virtual PHP Team
We have an experienced leadership team of eating disorder experts who hold Master’s level degrees and telehealth certifications. Our Alsana team is not an interim team or a task force, but a dedicated, permanent leadership team solely dedicated to our virtual program offerings.
Anthony Hackworth Jr, RD
Lead Registered Dietitian
Brad Zehring, DO
- Virtual services are offered through a secure, HIPAA compliant and confidential platform.
- Treatment is offered 7 days a week with flexible programming throughout the day.
- Programming includes individual therapy, group therapy and meal support.
- Our program is designed within Alsana’s Adaptive Care Model™, an approach that meets client’s individual needs and addresses the healing of the entire person.
- Virtual programming can be tailored to fit your schedule with flexible hours from 3-7 days per week for virtual IOP and 5-7 days per week for virtual PHP.
- Virtual treatment builds a sense of community by allowing you to share your home environment.
- You will work on your recovery by preparing meals you have chosen in advance, using your own food, in your own home, with the support of an Alsana dietitian virtually.
Program Quality Considerations
At Alsana, we know you have many options for eating disorder treatment. We would like to be your Eating Recovery Community, but ultimately we would like you to feel confident and supported in taking the next steps.
Here are some things to consider:
Alsana would like to be your Virtual Eating Recovery Community.
- Alsana’s virtual IOP and PHP programs offer clients treatment by a Master’s-level clinician in the state where the client is located. This is an important requirement that all potential clients should consider in choosing a program for treatment.
- Alsana’s virtual IOP and PHP program has been in development for several years. During this time, Alsana has worked rigorously to obtain licensure in the majority of states across the United States. In rare instances where Alsana does not hold a state license, we will advocate for licensure reciprocity for each client individually during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Alsana is an advocate for clients in receiving insurance coverage for virtual programming. We are in-network for virtual programming with nearly all major payers. In addition, there are many plans that have agreed to waive co-pays.
- Alsana’s virtual IOP and PHP digital platform ensures that all virtual services are confidential, HIPAA compliant and secure.
- Alsana is a staunch supporter of broadening access to care for anyone struggling from an eating disorder. We have worked collaboratively with many other eating disorder providers to share our best practices and learn from theirs. We support all programs honoring each of these quality considerations.
Any client who admits to an Alsana virtual program can be assured that:
- A licensed clinician eligible to provide treatment in the state in which your patient physically resides will be the one providing care.
- All services are provided on a secure, confidential and HIPAA compliant platform.
- They will receive evidenced-based clinical care with comprehensive medical oversight.
- Their care will be covered by their insurance company.
- A warm and relational team of caregivers is guiding them on their treatment journey.
All Alsana PHP and IOP programs, including our virtual programs, are Joint Commission accredited and have met or exceeded The Joint Commission’s rigorous performance standards.